Commercial licenses are available for all Over Austin images and videos.
To license an image click on the image and click on the green "buy photos" button then click on downloads. For licensing, usage information please see below.
To contact me about special projects or questions please email me at Chris @ OverAustin.com .
Over Austin allows use of Christopher’s images in two ways:
Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
• To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
• To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
• Attribution: Attribution to Chris Sherman and OverAustin.com be made along with the image. And if the use is digital, a link to OverAustin.com must be included.
• Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Use of the Creative Commons License:
• Blog Post describing a trip to Austin
• Online article discussing the growing popularity of aerial photography
• A website for a school project about the use of light in art
• An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place. Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Over Austin. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee.
Most Over Austin images and videos on this site are available royalty free. Just click on the the green "buy" button to purchase a license and immediately download your copy of the photo or video.
For special uses, our fees are based on the following criteria:
• Media – print, web, television, etc.
• Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
• Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
• Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
Please fill out the following form: Over Austin - Licensing Photos so I can better understand your licensing needs.
After you fill out the form I will receive an email with your request.
Sample Use Requiring a License to Copyright:
• A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
• A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
• An image for a website about real estate
• License to create an individual print for use in a private home